________________

For the Global Thinker

Friday, January 4, 2013

The War Tourist


Bored with his job, a Japanese truck driver decides to travel to Syria, Afghanistan and other hot spots as a war tourist...

Excerpt:

"I'm not a target for snipers because I'm a tourist, not like you journalists," he told a reporter. "Besides, I'm not afraid if they shoot at me or that they might kill me. I'm a combination of samurai and kamikaze."

Fujimoto won't even wear a helmet or a flack jacket.

"They are very heavy when it comes to running and it's more fun to go to the front without anything. Besides, when they shoot it's fun and exciting."

Fujimoto said his employers don't know he's in Syria.  "I just told them I was going to Turkey on holiday; if I'd told them the truth, they'd tell me I'm completely crazy."

But though some might doubt his sanity, no one can question his financial foresight, which is rooted in the sadness of his personal life.

Fujimoto is divorced, and says "I have no family, no friends, no girl friend. I am alone in life."


READ MORE HERE...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/toshifumi-fujimoto-syria-war-tourism_n_2400576.html?utm_hp_ref=world

No comments: