________________

For the Global Thinker

Monday, June 8, 2009

American journalists get 12 years of hard labor in North Korean Prison


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8089290.stm
US President Barack Obama has said he is "deeply concerned" by North Korea's reported sentencing of two US journalists to 12 years' hard labour.

Although I think they are brave journalists, I also think they were naive to think that they could just sneak into a police state, do some interviews and then sneak out again. I don't believe that they were still in China and North Korean soldiers crossed the border and snatched them. Based on the journalist's previous stories, (Iraq, skinheads and LA gangs) they were mavericks when it came to reporting. Like I said, I think they are brave but you also have to understand the consequences and face reality...North Korea is a no-go zone.

No comments: